home about events scout sent & received contact

9.24.2013

review: vogue's runway retreat

Molly: Vogue's Runway Retreat was the perfect way to end a hectic week. After leaving my office a little later than anticipated, I hopped in the first available cab (how lucky was I to find an available one at 5:35 on a Friday during NYFW?), and headed across the park to meet Holly at Bar Boulud.

The event was held in the basement, which gave it a frenzied yet intimate feel. Chicly dressed interns checked my name off the guest list and ushered me in to the three separate rooms loaded with freebies, exclusive material, snacks and access to phone chargers!



After having my hair refreshed with some Pantene products, Holly and I headed over to the Jane Iredale display to check out the goods. Having only heard of the company before, I was excited to see it in person. Since I'm obsessed with skincare, a mineral makeup brand with skincare benefits was right up my alley. I was even more excited when some products were included in the generous gift bags and I have since fallen in love with my PureMoist Lipstick in 'Kaylee'. It glides on effortlessly, and depending on how much you apply, it can go from a sheer hint of color to a full on dark lip. Love!



Holly: While enjoying a specialty cocktail from Herradura Silver Tequila, Molly and I got a sneak peek of the new Eva Mendes Collection from New York & Company. I was super impressed with the Leopard Belt and amazing Allegra Signature Necklace. Both have already sold out online and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if both sell out instore as well! Either piece is the perfect addition to any fall wardrobe.



Brahmin's latest collection also caught my eye and featured a wide variety of colors, prints and new mixed materials. I even spotted a few cool new tech accessories. At the end of the night, Molly and I headed over to Lincoln Center for a little people watching. Could not have been a more pefect start to the weekend! Thanks Vogue for such a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...