home about events scout sent & received contact

9.25.2013

review: 3.1 phillip lim for target

Molly and I have both shopped other Target collabs before; last winter we ventured to our local (very suburban) target and snatched up a few great pieces from the Prabal Gurung x Target collection. Since we had such great success, I thought I'd go slo to shop 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target, especially considering the "Limsanity" that ensued at the NYFW launch party. I was also interested to see the quality and fit in person, since we ad a few issues with the Prabal sizing and fabrics.

As expected, Target was virtually empty when I arrived at 10am, so I perused the small display at my leisure. The men's section was virtually non-existent but I only spotted one male shopper anyway.



I snatched up the French Terry Sweatshirt in Boom Print, which will look great with my J.Crew flirty skirt. I tried on a few other items but overall didn't like the fit or cut of most of the clothing. The hardware and closureson the printed dress I had my eye on were disappointing and sadly there were no bags in sight, which led me to believe that my Target just didn't receive a shipment at all.



I was a little disappointed that the Target I visited didn't have any of the bags, but I was pretty happy about my purchase. Not having to deal with any in-store chaos was an added bonus. Overall this quick trip was a win for me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so gutted I didn't get a chance to go to Target when in New York (I'm living in England but was in NY on holiday this week), I really wanted one of the Phillip Lim bags! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the NY targets were crazy (as usual)! Since then I've seen a few of the bags in person. Not wow-ed by the bigger bags but the small ones are actually pretty cute. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...