home about events scout sent & received contact

9.18.2013

madewell fall '13

I’ve always thought of Madewell as J.Crew’s kid sister. The cuts and patterns always felt a little too “twee,” especially since I’m constantly looking for pieces that can transition between my job and after-hours/weekends. I’m also not one for online shopping (I know, I know), so without easy access to a Madewell store, I honestly just wasn’t that interested.

But now I live about a 10-minute walk from a Madwell (5th Ave. between 18th & 19th), and find myself constantly popping in and as of late liking more of what I was seeing. So I was especially excited when it was announced that Madewell had a new designer, Somsack Sikhounmuong, who, according to this interview on Fashionista, plans to “clean things up” and make the brand more “classic-based.”

If the Fall lookbook, filled with classic pieces with a bit of edge, and the brand’s revamped denim collection is any indication, Madewell will be finding itself a more prominent space in my closet.
This lace top is so versatile. It can be girly when worn 
with a pair of heels, or tough-chic when paired 
with the skinny skinny coated jeans and a military jacket.
-lacebloom top $118-

Like your favorite black skinnies but a little bit cooler.
-skinny skinny coated jeans $135-

A statement coat. A must for fall.
-all weather plaid coat $198-

How perfect are these boots? They would look 
awesome with skinny pants or a dress and tights.
-the biker boot $238-

I have wanted this bag for about a year.
I can’t wait for my gold foil initials to be added!
-the transport tote $168-

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...